Supporting People to lead Independent, Healthy and Active Lives
Jackie Doe from Perth and Kinross Healthy Communities Collaborative has approached Discover Blairgowrie to ask for our help to identify how we can fund transport initiatives to get vulnerable people out more.
Supporting People to lead Independent, Healthy and Active Lives. This initiative provides funding for transport to take out those who are not normally able due to lack of transport options. The key identified Improvement areas are:
- Enhancing the community support for service users and families;
- Developing different models of day support.
- Providing more opportunities for older and disabled people within our community to engage
- Meaningful social interaction to enhance their quality of life
- Working with all relevant agencies in our community to help enhance the quality of life of older and disabled adults within our community
- Enhancing the quality of life of older and disabled adults within our community
- Relieving loneliness and isolation
- Encouraging people to regain their independence
- Trying to help re-establish links with the local community through social and recreational activities
- Utilisation of Informal settings
- Access to a wide range of services and information
We will be discussing this at the Blairgowrie & Rattray forum on Thursday 22nd October (5.30pm in The Royal Hotel, all welcome). If you know of anyone who may benefit from this then please either come along to the forum or let us know by email (email@example.com) or speak to One Voice on 01250 871120. We hope to create a small sub group to trial the initiative and may perhaps include local taxi firms as potential providers of the transport.
We will follow up after the forum.
Here is the recording:
« Go Back