BLAIRGOWRIE & RATTRAY FORUM
The Blairgowrie & Rattray Forum is a networking opportunity for all the groups, organisations, clubs etc to meet and discuss upcoming activities etc. It is co-ordinated by the One Voice Office and Discover Blairgowrie and is for the benefit of everyone in the town and surrounding area. Everyone is welcome.
To find out more, please phone the One Voice Office open Mondays 9am to 12 noon and Tuesdays to Saturdays 10am to 4pm. Telephone 01250 871120
If you have any comments please fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
Date: Thursday 18th May 2017
Location: The Angus Hotel - thanks to The Angus Hotel for hosting the meeting for free.
Update from 2nd February:
- The major events in 2017
- Discover Blairgowrie consisting of the One Voice Office, forum, website and Hub Magazine is there to help promote the town to locals and visitors
- BRCC considering an Open Day on 21st April
- Jackie Brierton (Growbiz) agreed to contact the High School to see if there is a possibility of including pupils in using social media to help promote activities in the town and to consider recording videos of events, groups etc for the website
- New post being created to co-ordinate the Transport & Isolation project to help get isolated people out of their homes more. There was a suggestion to look at the Kinross Driving Group for ideas and John Corrigan confirmed that and Kinross and Speyside had been looked at - there was a conference about community travel in Birnam at the end of last summer and the conclusion was that each needed to find their own model and what suited folks most.
- Huntly is promoting itself as a town - again worth looking at what they are doing
- Blairgowie & Rattray Arts Week - BRAW ! Consider Creative Communities funding.
- John Corrigan briefed on the potential funding for local level projects that addressed social isolation etc
- Coupar Angus major events include the Snowdrop Festival (Feb), Cycling Festival (June) and the Fireworks (Nov)
- Strathmore Cycle Network has a consultant looking to develop the project
- BEPTA have a new Director and Admin support and will be looking at a newsletter, their website, the Cateran Trail, Cateran Commonwealth and are working with other organisations on a Glens Walking Booklet. They had attended Expo 2016 and hoped this would have an impact on 2017 visitor numbers.
- Cateran Yomp (10/11 June) now run by True Grit - will start and end in Bogles Field
- Highland Games on 3 Sep - expecting larger numbers as they have the final of the various competitions for schools from other Highland Games
- BRAN (Path Networks) - going strong with 40 volunteers
- Braemar Day in early preparation for 2nd September
- Rotary have their Classic Car Day (23 April), Annual Golf Tournament (2 June) and are looking for feedback on their insert in the Hub Mag
- The Town Hall and Hill Kirk are both being refurbished this year
- Town Hall have 33 non-regular events booked already this year - these are on the website
- Riverside Venture (improving the Riverside) has a mtg on 23 March in the Town Hall at 7pm
- Blair in Bloom - AGM 7th Feb, Litter Initiative has been introduced with the High School and they have planted crocuses in Elm Drive
- Bonfire night planned in Davie Park
- Hope to return the Nativity Scene to the Wellmeadow
Email agenda items to email@example.com