BLAIRGOWRIE & RATTRAY FORUM
The Blairgowrie & Rattray Forum is a networking opportunity for all the groups, organisations, clubs etc to meet and discuss upcoming activities etc. It is co-ordinated by the Blairgowrie & Rattray Development Trust and is for the benefit of everyone in the town and surrounding area. Everyone is welcome.
To find out more, please phone the One Voice Office open Tuesdays to Saturdays 10am to 4pm. Telephone 01250 871120
If you have any comments please fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
Date: Thursday 16th August 2018
Location: The Angus Hotel - thanks to The Angus Hotel for hosting the meeting for free.
Agenda to include:
Update from 17 May 2018:
- 17 people attended with 11 apologies
- Blairgowrie & Rattray Development Trust (BRDT) - funding for 2 posts, interviewing at the moment. Moving into 1-3 Wellmeadow (old By James shop) with official opening by Provost on 6 June 2018 - from 3pm to 6pm open day so please pop in to view. Combined premises with HEAT+ Project and other projects as they come on board. Contact Phil Seymour on firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- HEAT+ funding extended for 2 years, employing 2 more people and located in 1-3 Wellmeadow. New project covers Blairgowrie, Rattray and the Glens and includes a Loyalty Scheme - if interested please contact email@example.com
- Transport Scheme - taxi vouchers continuing until end June/July. Extended project being considered subject to funding
- Town Map - being distributed throughout the town and wider area, feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strathmore Cycle Network - progressing smoothly with funding and land owners. First section Alyth to Blairgowrie funding in place and expected to be completed by August 2018. Coupar Angus section will take longer due to gradient out of the town. 3 Development Trusts working together under a Memorandum of Understanding.
- Local Museum - big success with Easter Pop Up Museum with 623 people visiting. 2 more planned for 1-2 July then 18-19 Nov. Huge thanks to Culture Perth & Kinross for the use of the library. Now looking for a permanent location
- Leslie Street Art Trail - 1 - 9 September as part of Perthshire Open Studios. 16 businesses displaying items from local artists in their windows
- Riverside Venture Group - now constituted to take ideas forward. Working well with BRAN to clear main area (bridge to steps up to Oakbank Road). Plans to make more of the Cuttle Burn section and to introduce Adult Exercise Equipment. Also looking to introduce signage for old Mills etc to provide historical info. Aim to make Riverside the first choice for play parks in the area. If you want to help please contact email@example.com and we'll put you in touch
- PKC Funding - there is funding available to help with community projects, currently identifying criteria for distribution/use
- Magazine deadline 25 May 2018
- Timebank - being used more and more and Cat will be out meeting people and groups etc to encourage more membership and activity
- Community Wardens - 2 now in area to help keep it safe and secure, contact kobrien
@pkc.gov.uk or csmith @pkc.gov.uk
- SCYD - last Wednesday of month is Community Hospitality lunch for isolated people 12 - 2pm (30 May first one). Also do the Comfy Cafe open to all using Tesco Fair Share cakes etc every Friday
- Cllr Bob Brawn reminded everyone that the 3 councillors are keen to support the community
- Potential of a new defibrillator being sourced for the town centre, defibs to be included in an app
- Events and activities are on the calendar but included Blair in Bloom plant sale at Tescos on Saturday 19 May, Craft n Wine at Create at Nest 3rd Friday of the month, A Six Inch Layer of Topsoil Town Hall 18 May, Summer Country Show in Town Hall 7 June, Budapest Cafe Orchestra in Town Hall 8 June, BOOKMARK Launch 23 June also looking for members - check their website.
Previous meeting updates
Email agenda items to firstname.lastname@example.org