BLAIRGOWRIE & RATTRAY FORUM
The Blairgowrie & Rattray Forum is a networking opportunity for all the groups, organisations, clubs etc to meet and discuss upcoming activities etc. It is co-ordinated by the One Voice Office and Discover Blairgowrie and is for the benefit of everyone in the town and surrounding area. Everyone is welcome.
To find out more, please phone the One Voice Office open Tuesdays to Saturdays 10am to 4pm. Telephone 01250 871120
If you have any comments please fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
Date: Thursday 26th October 2017
Location: The Angus Hotel - thanks to The Angus Hotel for hosting the meeting for free.
Agenda to include:
Update from 3rd August:
- We are using the website as the welcome to the town to provide the website as the place to go, a leaflet with key information is also being developed
- The volunteering page on the website is being used well and is attracting both opportunities and volunteers
- The town map is nearly ready for printing the demo version - next mtg 24th August
- What's On posters for Sep - Nov have been produced. We will look to put one at Rattray Connect.
- One Voice and Discover Blairgowrie met with Cllr Ian Campbell and Cllr Carolines Shiers on 1 Aug to discuss PKC support for the town. Next mtg is 5 Sep, PKC to provide 2 officers to support Blairgowrie & Rattray.
- The Rattray & the Glens HEAT (Home Energy Advice Team) project is up and running until March 2018. Looking to extend by 2 years to look at extending coverage and a local loyalty scheme
- It's BRAW Blairgowrie & Rattray Arts Week coming together well (9 - 15 October), website and brochure available soon
- Snow Road - mtg in Angus Hotel 7.30pm Wed 23 August - opportunity for Blairgowrie & Rattraty to promote itself as the start of the Snow Road, need a local group
- Autumn Hub magazine deadline is 11th August, delivery early September
- Ericht Allotment Group - great response from mag article - 20 plots all taken
- Keep Scotland Beautiful - opportunity to embrace the Keep My Place Beautiful initiative. Blair in Bloom losing Helen and Johnny as they are moving - it is their 40th year anniversary in 2018
- Cateran Yomp had 1000 participants and another good year - still an opportunity to make more in the town
- BEPTA dropped Visit East Perthshire and now Cateran Country and looking to promote the area and Snow Road wth a digital presence, Cateran Sportif - 80 cyclists taking part and a new Cateran Tartan is being developed by Ashleigh Slater
- Christians Against Poverty (CAP) increasing local presence to help those in debt
- Illuminations Group trialled new lights for Allan Street and preparing for this season. Investigating coming under the Ericht Trust and considering extending scope throughout the year
Previous meeting updates
Email agenda items to email@example.com