Blairgowrie Railway Station stood on what is now the rear Trade Entrance to Tesco Supermarket.
The original railway line from Dundee to Newtyle was intended to go to Forfar and Blairgowrie. However it wasn't until the 1st of August 1855 that the railway reached Blairgowrie with the opening of the Coupar Angus - Blairgowrie branch line. It was busy with both passengers and the transportation of goods as Blairgowrie and Rattray was an industrial and agricultural town from then until the mid 1900s. The passenger service was withdrawn on 8th January 1955. The goods service final closure was on 6 December 1965.